Friday, January 26, 2007

Happy Friday

I thought I would share with you a little collage I made at Art & Soul last year in Lesley Riley's class. Lesley is such a great instructor. She is an expert in fabrics and collage and just has a lovely way of making everyone feel good about the work they are doing. She's one of those teachers who honors and celebrates the creative process in each student and makes you feel like what you are doing is worthwhile. I hope to take more of her classes in the future. With the new year upon us, I am busy cleaning and organizing my art room and facing the nasty truth that I enjoy shopping for vintage treasures and art supplies a tad more than I like to actually make things. Can you relate? So, I'm bundling lots of brand new scrapbooking embellishments, papers, ribbons and the like and selling them on ebay. I'm overwhelmed by all the stuff and, as a result, have become (ahem) creatively constipated. Time to let it go and let it flow!

No comments: