Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Spring has Sprung

The birds are chirping and the Bradford pears are beginning to bloom...just a few signs that spring has definitely arrived here in the Dallas area. We'll reach a high today of 74 degrees. Yes!

Like many, I'm enamored with clear glass containers of all shapes and sizes to hold objects of art and supplies. My desire to have more of these containers is only halted by my limited counter space. In fact, I now choose the supplies I want to work with and haul them down to the kitchen table. (Luckily, my sweet husband lets me run amok.) Is it crazy to want to buy a bigger house just so I can have a bigger art room? Is there a support group for people who buy so many supplies and flea market trinkets that they have no room to create? I just finished
reading the new Sophie Kinsella novel, Shopaholic and Baby. This is super light and fluffy reading, but I love reading about the main character's shopping excursions. Vicarious thrills. And yes, I know I need help!

This antique cherub picture was spotted by a friend of mine in Ames, Iowa. It's one of my favorite things.

The paperbag book below was made in Lesley Riley's class. Lesley is a great teacher and I had a great time in her class. In her sample project, the pages were glued together so I followed suit. I'm not quite sure what to do with something like this. I wish now that I had opted to keep the pages loose so I could journal in it. Ah well, live and learn.

The fabric art journal at the bottom was made in Pam's class. (This one opens and is great for journaling.) Does that girl rock the art world, or what?!! What a sweetheart! She gave me my first sewing lesson ever!! Love her and her
awe-inspiring blog. Have a great day, blogger buds.






No comments: