Monday, October 29, 2007

ArtFiberFest

Back from ArtFiberFest and had a wonderful time. This was my second ArtFiberFest (kind of crazy for a girl who doesn't sew) and my first time visiting Port Townsend, WA. It was just as Teesha described - scenic and natural and quaint. And, yes, I saw deer, multiple times, ambling across the street with not a care in the world. ArtFiberFest has considerably fewer participants than ArtFest - about 100 or less so it is quite intimate and easy to navigate. I actually haven't attended ArtFest yet, but have no doubt that I will one day. I took three classes. The first was Faerie Fashionista from Denise Warner. The class was enjoyable and I was thrilled to meet a fellow classmate whose work I have long admired - Marilyn Huskamp. Using various fibers and types of thin handmade papers, we fashioned fairy dolls. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and didn't get to snap the other participants' beautiful creations. I, on the other hand, just wasn't feelin' the love for my own two dolls. I like dolls but making them just really isn't my cup of tea. The fairy wings are made out of...get this...sausage casing material. How weird is that? I really debated leaving these dolls in my room but ended up stuffing them in my carry-on at the last minute. But, sadly, they are destined for the trash can. I firmly believe that not every creation needs to be saved and these must live on in spirit in the fairy afterlife. I will post about my other classes and adventures later this week!


No comments: