Friday, September 7, 2007

A Daunting Task

So I'm thinking about cleaning and reorganizing my art room. Not beginning yet...just thinking about it. The space, a small bedroom, has become completely dysfunctional and really is just serving as a storage room. If I want to work on a project, I gather what supplies I can find (while carefully stepping over things on the floor) and haul them downstairs to work in the kitchen. I know this is insane. I know I have a problem. I've been reading this book which has motivated me to get started, even if it is the teeniest of steps. I come from a family of collectors, (isn't that just another name for lovers of stuff?) and have always had a tough time keeping clutter at bay. More is more, ya know. As I get older though, I find that I yearn to simplify my life. I know that I could be more productive if everything had a place in my home and was put in it! So, I'm trying to mentally gear up for this endeavor. While looking for something specific today, I found a bag of stuff (buried beneath a mound of papers) that I had purchased at some junk store long ago. Now I'm wondering, what the heck else is in that room?



5 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

Hi. I just found your wonderful blog. this last entry sounds like me If this book helps you, let me know!! Love all your photos of goodies! Laurie

bluemuf said...

I know where you are coming from. My sewing room/studio is out of control. I was thinking the other day that I don't need to go to sales anymore. What I need to do is go down in the basement and go through the million boxes of stuff. I look forward to see if the book helps you.

Karen

Anonymous said...

So you mean to tell me....if a burgler with a penchant for pink and vintage goodies wanted to....he/she could walk away with bags of wonder, and you'd never know??? My oh my....you had better call ADT now that you have advertised this!! :)

Boy you have some of the GREATEST things EVER!! I really could just melt over your stash!! SOOOO fun!!

xoxo Jenny

Sugar Bear said...

Oh how I understand and sympathize! I have the same situation in my work space. I need to organize as it is crazy but I can't motivate myself enough to figure out how to go about doing it!
Karla

Cheryl Ensom said...

I love all of these treasures but those paper dolls...WOW! Just adorable!