Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Paper Play

After being sort of obsessed with the altered horse ribbon thing, I've felt a yearning to put my hands on paper, ephemera, and vintage Victorian scraps. I've been playing around with an old book (the papers are so crumbly, I expect them to fall out at any minute), just haphazardly glueing things down and making little scribbles here and there. There's no theme to this tiny journal. It's more of a place to experiment and to have a little instant gratification since it doesn't take long (or much) to fill a page. I can glue down bits of paper, scraps, and vintage wallpaper and then come back at another time and write my thoughts or make a little doodle or two. And, it fits in my purse which will be convenient when I'm waiting in line at the post office. I have a very small collection of vintage scraps (I can find them in my area but they're always pricey.) and sometimes wonder if I will regret using the originals. I know some artists scan their favorite originals so they can use them again and again. This makes sense to me, yet I guess I am just too lazy to do it. Part of my lesson right now is to live more in the moment. Think less. Analyze less. Do more. So, instead of scanning or copying, I am glueing and hoping that as my supply dwindles, the universe will provide more.



3 comments:

Babsarella said...

More loveliness!!! I like the pretty tinsle on these pages, and the images are just wonderful!

Pinkie Denise said...

These are also so very neat. You are so creative. I like your work a lot.
Happy creating. I will be back to see
what you've been up to.

Cheryl Ensom said...

I love this. So beautiful!